This was phenomenally fast, healthy, easy and delicious. It was a bit of a cheat, if I’m being honest. I made this really simple by using a bottle of sautéed tomato and onion that I like (and only contains 4 ingredients: tomatoes, onions, extra virgin olive oil and salt) obviously you could cook up your own onions and tomatoes if you prefer.
- 4 TBSP. olive oil
- ½ med. onion, finely chopped
- 3 med. very ripe, fresh tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 2 TBSP. tomato paste
Or a bottle of:
- 1 TBSP. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 med. cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper (or more)
- ¼ tsp. Chili flakes
- ¼ tsp. Oregano
- 1 TBSP. Fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, tails on, shelled & deveined (about 30 shrimp/lb.)
- 3oz. Greek feta cheese, crumbled
Heat garlic and olive oil on high.
Add chili flakes.
Add tomato sauce.
Add herbs and seasonings.
When the sauce is thickened and the wine has reduced add the feta.
Serve with bread (like Lagana or other hearty bread).